Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Treasure

Jonathan and I have had our ups and downs in the nine years we've been married. Recently we decided to start seeing a love guru, Anne, who is really a christian marriage counselor. It has been wonderful, sometimes hard to hear truths but mostly fabulous. During one of our first visits she asked us if we could name three things we each liked abut the other person- we both spouted our answers fairly quickly which made Anne smile. Apparently, this is a good sign that Jon and I were not as messed up as we thought-PHEW!!!

Anyway since then I catch myself taking note of things I love about Jonathan every time he does something neat. I guess it reminds that I am lucky and that I love him. So here are a few things that I love about Jon lately...

1. His spur of the moment marshmallow roasts.

2. The sincere and awestruck look on his face when he tells me that I am beautiful.

3. The way lately he says "I love you just as you are and this is a safe place for you." when I am being difficult.

4. He always replaces the toilet paper and leaves the seat down.

5. He makes the best vanilla latte.

6. He loves to do yard work.

7. I say, "Do you think you could make some elaborate whatchamacallit" and he can-always!

8. His bike rides of death and hikes that lead to glistening waterfalls.

9. The way my little girls look at him.

10. How he always catches me and lifts me straight in the air like I'm light as a feather, even after I've eaten a pint of Haagen-dazs.

Thanks love guru! Lucky me!
Ciao, Areli

2 comments:

  1. good post!! U R lucky in many ways, but I find myself most attracted to the changing of the TP

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and the feather lifting after ice cream. K does the same thing though I guarantee that I am harded to levitate than you (:

    ReplyDelete