Sunday, March 15, 2009

Daddy

I love my daddy and I miss him very much right now. You see I received a phone call from my sister a couple of days ago telling me she was rushing dad to the hospital. That four worded phrase "dad to the hospital" sent my heart back fifteen years and my dad became daddy and all I wanted was to be in his lap with my head laying against his strong chest. It turns out that my dad has a gall stone the size of a golf ball- OUCH! He will have to have surgery next week, but he is on some take-you-straight-to-la-la-land medication and sounds just peachy on the phone. I am over-joyed that daddy is going to be well again, but I wish I could hug him tight and tell him that I love him so much. I am jealous that both my wonderful sisters got to run to his side and his aid in his time of need while I waited by the phone to hear the news. Even now that we know he's going to be alright, the drama has subsided, and my sisters have gone back to their families I still just want to see him and hug him to know for sure he's okay. I really, really miss you daddy please be well.
Love, Areli

No comments:

Post a Comment