Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Judy's B & B

I woke up in a charming little room snuggled under a floral coverlet and the sun shining in through white lace curtains. Immediately my mind brought it all back- Judy's house. The charming old house decorated in white lace, hatboxes, guilded mirrors, pearls and Sherman-Williams pinks, yellows, and greens. I got up and walked into the new upstairs bathroom which was much like walking straight into the pages of a shabby-chic magazine. I felt pampered as I brushed my teeth while admiring a statue of a Roman godess under the warm light of a crystal chandelier.

Then I realized that my children would spend the day chasing Judy around asking her for what ever treat and wonder they desired and I, well I would nap on the front porch swing. I would eat lunch under the pergola in the back garden. I would enjoy a delicious early evening meal prepared by the hands of someone other than myself. Each day would end with a rich and sugary homemade dessert. I would have a great spring break relaxing and enjoying the view. I bet if I hinted just a little I could even get a mint on my pillow. I absolutely love coming to my mother-in-law's house in the springtime!!!

I think I smell dinner...
Ciao, Areli

1 comment:

  1. awww.. the bathroom is so cute isn't it? I loved it! Have a great time.. wish my spring break was a week later so we could be there with you guys!

    ReplyDelete