Friday, March 6, 2009

It is a wild yet lovely ride.

As I briskly scoot the girls out the door this morning just in time to catch the big yellow school bus, I let out an accomplished sigh. Task 'numero uno' done! Now, I re-enter my kitchen where my husband, Jon, is dutifully make two very tall and yummy cappuccino's. Always return duty for duty, I say, so I ask him if I can make him anything special for breakfast. He teasingly replies, "Cherry Cheesecake sounds nice." It's funny, but I then realize I have all ingredients needed in my cupboards to produce a cherry cheesecake, and so task 'numero duo' is set in motion. As I put the mini cheesecake bites into the oven to bake I become aware that I haven't seen Emma-loo or her daddy for a precarious amount of time.
I go down to the garage/workshop to take a look-see. I find my silly little dumpling prancing around the yard in her sisters 'way-to-big' dress shoes carrying a newly made walking stick; she skips and hops all the way to my side. I am smiling big and thinking it must be wrong for her to be so cute. Then she starts babbling on about her newest dilemma, "What is the difference between peddling- like a boat, and peddling- like a bike?" Instead of trying to figure out her brain I just explain one is actually "paddling" and the other "peddling". She is satisfied and hops on her big wheel racing off to the nearest adventure in the land deemed "Glenn Backyard".
I then search on for my other MIA and I find him just as suspected in the "Great Man's Workshop" or his half of the garage. I am immediately impressed at what I see. It was only days ago that I suggested Jon make the girls a small doll armoire to hold all of their American Girl doll clothes and accessories. I showed him a picture of one I find online that was way overpriced and with that he nodded and bid me adieu. Now, before me I see a freshly painted beautiful piece of furniture that I would rather hold my own treasures than some measly doll clothes. I know the girls will be so happy and proud. I am immediately impressed and in love with this man who often takes me to the edge of my sanity only to swing the pendulum all the way back to bliss. It is a wild yet lovely ride. And don't forget there's cheesecake to boot.
Ciao, Areli

1 comment:

  1. ok so I feel guilty now cause my blog layout is so plain. guess I know what I am doing this week-end and dammit you know I am not crafty!
    Good first post.

    ReplyDelete