Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Coyotes Arooo!

I love watching my girls play soccer. This year I find myself extra excited to watch Abby play. This is not just because of Abby's impressive blocks and wicked passes or due to the two goals she made in last nights game- GO Abby! I am excited to watch Abby's team play because this year she has a new coach and he is so lovely to watch! I feverishly anticipate sitting on the sidelines and watching him dribble that soccer ball in his little athletic shorts with his strong calves looking dangerous. And when he calls the team together for warm-ups he doesn't let the kids get away with jumping jacks that resemble a fly swatting ritual like the other coaches. No, he instead implements this adorable two-part jumping jack that helps the kids do them correctly. All the moms love it. The team's color is red and they decided on the coyote as their mascot. Which is so cool because when the kids get a little rowdy and Coach needs to focus their attention he calls for a Coyote howl and almost instantly and in unison little howls can be heard that I'm sure inspire fear and trembling in the opposing teams. So not only does Abby have the hottest coach in the SCOSA league, but he's clever and skillful besides. The best part about Abby's coach is that when the game is over and everyone else says, "See you on saturday, Coach." I just say, "What do you want to do for dinner?" That's right I'm Mrs. Coach and Abby gets to forgo the formality of "coach" for just "daddy". Let's hear it for Coach Jon and the Red Coyotes- Arooo!

Ciao, Areli

1 comment: